Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Class Reunion - September 24, 2010

My high school reunion is in Fitzgerald, Georgia and we are taking the Casita and will camp at Paulk's Park, which was named for Ellis Paulk, the father of a former classmate and  neighbor/childhood friends Allen Paulk. It is just outside the city limits on what I know as the Old Ocilla Hwy just down from the hospital and very convent to the local Wal-Mart.  This little campground is owned by the city and located on a small lake/pond. The trees are not yet big enough to offer any shade, but is it has full hookups for $16.00 per night.  While it was not what you would call a vacation distraction it served our needs well.


On Saturday Night I attended my class reunion at the Elks Club. That place was so beautiful when I was young.  Being there brought back many memories of dances and parties when I was growing-up. The inside was rundown like much of Fitzgerald and it seemed a lot smaller inside.
 It was wonderful seeing many of my old friends, most I had not seen since 1972 or shortly after.  There just wasn't enough time to visit with everyone before the night ended and we headed back to the camper.  I think everyone was pleased that we will have a get-together every year. As you get older you find that it isn't good to let to the years just slip away from you.

We have never let Ms. Georgia stay in the camper alone and were both worried how she would do while we were gone. She is such a good girl, I should have known she would be fine.

Rain was in the forecast for Sunday, so we packed-up early and headed home. We will go back sometime when I feel more like visiting. I am still not over the eye surgery but doctors say it could take a year to recover. 
 Note: Put  an extra water hose in the camper.  When we first arrived and were setting up camp the end came off our hose. Made a trip to Wal-Mart for a new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment