Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Holiday Weekend Trip - July 4, 2010

Ms. Georgia & Me (Cynthia)


Ms. Georgia & Jerry
The Lake @ Laura Walker SP
It is another beautiful weekend for camping! The 4th is on Sunday so I get Monday off also...a three day weekend.  There are still a good many sites open when we arrive but we decided to camp on one that was on the side away from the water. It turned out we liked it much better for holiday weekends. There were not as many kids playing around our campsite as when we were on the water which is much better for resting. We cooked most of our meals on the grill and enjoyed a lot of time outside in the fresh air. Our nights were spent by the campfire until time for bed.  I think Georgia loves camping because she has our undivided attention and she gets lots of long walks each day.

 
A trip to the doctor on Friday revealed I have a detached retina and will have surgery soon. It may keep me from camping for a couple of weeks, but I should be over it soon. I have had cataract and lasik on both eyes and only missed a couple of days work with each surgery.

Sure wish we had gotten the names of the people who had shown us their Casita last year when camping at Tallulah Gorge. I would love thank them and let them know we now have ours. The only think I know about them was they lived in North Georgia. Maybe I could locate them on one of the Casita Forum Websites.

No comments:

Post a Comment