Wednesday, January 26, 2011

In The Beginning

Our old pop-up.
While camping at Tallulah Gorge State Park, North Georgia, in November 2009, we saw a little egg shaped camper parked a few sites away. The owner always spoke when walking past, so we ask about his camper. He was thrilled to tell us all about it and invited us to come over for a peek inside. One look was all it took for us to know  we had to have a Casita.

The Casita we saw and took a peek at.
When we returned home the search begin. The cost of a new Casita was a little over out budget since we were unsure if such a small camper suited our needs. So, being determined to take my time, learn all about the options, and pricing, I spent hours on the computer doing research. Websites were searched and phone calls were made but nothing felt right.

On the evening of June 2, 2010, I saw a posting for a Freedom Deluxe. It had all the options available, and it was located in Sarasota, FL. That night after a few emails and phone conversations with the current owner, I sent a deposit using pay-pal. As it turned out he was leaving for North Carolina the next day and willing to deliver the trailer on his way. Now all I need to do was wake my husband and tell him the news.

me: "I told you when I found the right Casita, I would know it; well I found it." him: "Where is it, when can we see it?" me: "Tomorrow; I payed a deposit and the owner is delivering it tomorrow."

Photo's sent to me before the sale.


Table drops down to make a double bed.

Small Side Table

Bath Room shower/sink area

Yep, it has one!
At 5:30p.m. the follwoing day Tony and Sue delivered our "new to us" Casita to the Georgia  Welcome Center. It was everything we they had promised and they made sure we knew how everything worked.

NOTE: If you are not familiar with Casit owners, then you need to know, they are extremely attached to their little eggs. Original owners, as well as most "new to us" owners take a lot of pride in their care. They also find it very hard to part with them if that time ever comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment